Monday, November 28, 2011

My homecoming


As I made the trip back home for Thanksgiving break, my dad enlightened me on what I've missed in Frederick county while I've been gone. Turns out the County Commissioners are doing whatever they want with little regard of how their changes negatively affect our city and county.

The best part is that my parents apparently participated in a protest.



Our city newspaper, like many other newspapers have all sizes, had to let people go. There are fewer people covering these kinds of events beyond the general "He said, she said" reporting. A part of this is a criticism of that paper and a part of it is just the way small town news reporting has become.

I don't know of any bloggers in my hometown that go to these meetings and openly criticize the County Commissioners. I'd certainly like to see a non-traditional journalist challenge my county government, and considering I'm away half of the year, I'm not exactly open for that job.

No comments:

Post a Comment