Thursday, December 1, 2011

Another videogame magazine gone

Yesterday I saw a tweet from Game Politics come into my feed about the magazine GamePro. It turns out the magazine is now dead, and not even the website is going to be continued.

I almost laughed when I saw the first comment on Game Politics's article:
"To be fair, I found GamePro to be heavily biased to a point where it seems like the reviews were bought and paid for."
 Well-known videogame blogs such as Kotaku, Destructoid, and 1Up are still going strong from what it looks like. To me, it appears that people trust these independent teams of bloggers writing about videogames than magazine writers at videogame publications. And while that does sadden me as someone who would like to go into working for a videogame magazine (I love pretty layouts of magazines and websites often don't have that), it makes me even more interested in working at a high-profile videogame blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment